Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Blog Ideas

So, I've been doing this blog for about two months now and I've been thinking of doing a few recurring blog posts similar to my "Rant of the Week." I have a few ideas in mind, which I'll talk about below, but I would also love some input from a reader's standpoint. If you have any ideas, feel free to comment or email me. I really don't want this site to just be able my infrequent movie reviews, if I can just write articles every now and that, it would make for a great chance of pace. So...here's what I've got so far.

My first idea came up because of my recently second viewing of Ocean's Twelve. I had a general disdain for this movie ever since I saw it back in 2004, but when I watched it this time around, I found that I actually enjoyed it. I'm not sure if the movie just aged well, or if my view of movies has just been altered from my more recently passion for cinema. Whatever it was, I feel like there are a lot of movies out there that I didn't enjoy the first time...but could enjoy now. So my idea is to do a "Second Chance" article now and again. This will pretty much be me rewatching movies that I didn't like the first time to see if my opinion changes. Then I'll write a little article about whether it changed or not, and why I think so. I think it could be kind of cool. A couple of ideas I already have for this one are: Donnie Darko, Boondock Saints, and Empire Records.

Another idea is to do an article in collaboration with someone. It wouldn't be the same person every time, but it would always be two people. The idea behind the article is for me to either a) watch a movie I've never seen before with someone who really loves the movie or b) watch a movie I love that they have never seen, then discuss. The article would pretty much be a back and forth conversation about the movie in question. I think it would be really cool because it would pretty much give a second opinion about the movie (since I know you all don't always agree with me.)

The third, and final, idea that I had was pretty much just a "Second Opinion" article. I would bring in someone else to write a recurring post pretty much disagreeing with something I've already reviewed. I think it's always good to get different standpoints on a single movie and see why different people enjoy different films. And if anyone would be interested in doing this, I would love the help. I almost treat my blog like my own little website, so I don't mind giving people permissions to help out on here.

So, that's about all I have ideas for, but if you have any ideas, or would be interested in helping out with future posts, feel free to comment or message me.

1 comment: